Saturday, November 14, 2009

Dying massangeana cane tree (dracaena)?

I found a Massangeana Cane tree outside that someone was getting rid of. It only has leaves at the very top of the plant, and half of them are all brown. I was hoping I could bring this plant back, but I don't know if it suffers from root rot, if I should cut off any dead leaves, etc. I have basically no experience with plants so anything at all would help. I already know caring instructions, I just want to know what I should do to see if the plant is worth saving, or if it is too far gone. Thank you in advance for your help.

Dying massangeana cane tree (dracaena)?
Try re potting it and be careful not to over water. If the stem is very tall you can cut it off at the height you want. It will look like just a stick, but after a month you should see some new growth sticking through the top sides of the stick. They look like little knobs poking through. I did this with one that I had that was too tall and just looked lanky. Now it has new leaves and is a good height. You don't have anything to lose in trying!
Reply:if the roots look bad you can cut the bottom of the plant off-and they will grow back





I used to work in a green house and we used to cut them into pieces and plant them





plant wants a tropical environment


No comments:

Post a Comment