Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dracaena Marginata?

This past January I bought a dracaena marginata when I was at Walmart. I felt bad, it was all droopy and sad. I brought it up and took care of it and it's grown quite a bit and it's kind of my baby--I'm not known for my green thumb, so it's survival makes me feel good.





Anyway, I really like these plants and I saw another plant of the same species at Walmart and it looked just like mine did when I bought it--rather sad.





I was wondering, if I bought it would it be safe to plant it with my older plant? (in the same pot) I just didn't know if there was anything that needed done before combining plants like that... (no green thumb, here...)





So would my original plant be ok? Should I fix up the new plant before potting them together?

Dracaena Marginata?
plants and humans in urbans areas are overfed. one should ensure that the water is drained from the pot. most of the plants die due to waterlogging. also work up the soil weekly to ensure loosening of soil. it depends on the size of the pot when u want to plant another plant in the same pot.


shrirammullick@yahoo.co.in
Reply:I have several of these plants myself and just keeping them alive is a chore to me! I know your feeling...my thumb is missing too!





I just re-potted a few of mine recently and they all seemed to go thought this "dying" stage and didn't look to healthy. After potting the required more water than usual to keep the plants up and going.





I personally would be afraid you might over water you existing plant trying to keep up with the new transplanted one. Besides the fact that the freshly potted on could use a bit more fertilizer.





I would keep them separate until next spring. Pot them together and let them recover together.





I'm not a plant expert by any means but this logic seems to make since in my little mind! LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment