Monday, May 11, 2009

My dracaena plant has reached the ceiling. What can I do now?

It used to be just a few inches tall a few years ago. That thing grows really fast

My dracaena plant has reached the ceiling. What can I do now?
I would make a slit PART WAY thru the stem at the point you would like to encourage a new branch to sprout. When it has produced sufficient leaves to be somewhat attractive on it's own, cut the rest of the way through the stem and root the top in sand, then poke it into the pot along with the parent plant.





I'm making an assumption that your plant has only one growing stem. If it has multiples, just lop if off, root the top, and be on your way.





Good luck!
Reply:Just cut the stem about 1/2 down. It will start a new growth out the side and shoot up again!


No comments:

Post a Comment