Monday, May 11, 2009

I was reading a book on houseplants, and it said that marginata dracaena plants should not be planted perlite.

I thought that Perlite was only qadded to soil to keep it kind of moist. Will my margined dracaena plant die if is has perlite in the soil?

I was reading a book on houseplants, and it said that marginata dracaena plants should not be planted perlite.
I think you have the wrong idea what Pearlie does. It is added to the soil to loosen up hard sandy soil or heavy peat soil. The reason is to add air to the soil moderately and assist drainage.


Keeping this in mind the dracaena must like its feet a wee bit damp. Like it may be salvaged from a swampish area of the world? Does it explain what to use when transplanting a crowded plant into a bigger pot? That should give you a clue, as well as the watering / feeding schedule. I would get a recipe card and on side 1 out what to do for the plant on the other what not to do,


endangerment to the health.


No comments:

Post a Comment