Monday, May 11, 2009

My Dracaena is getting slightly brown tipped leaves? How do I help it?

We bought it at BJ's about 2 months ago and is a nice looking tree, about 4 feet with 4 stalks.


I water it usually every end of the week. Should I be watering it twice weekly?


How often to put in Miracle Grow liquid? Once a month?


Thanks!

My Dracaena is getting slightly brown tipped leaves? How do I help it?
The could be a sign of overwatering it. Dracaenas do not need a wet soil. Overwatering actually will cause the same symptoms as underwatering. This happens because roots rot off and reduce the plants ability to take in water. Now you have a large top plant with few roots, so the leaves start to die.





You could also try waterering it with purified water. Sometimes the salts and chlorine in tap water can accumulate and cause the plant to act as if its drought stricken.





Ferilizer should be used sparingly. One other thing to check is the quality of the plant mix. Often plants sold in large stores are potted in the cheapest possible soil.

running shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment